Custom Search

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Tuesdays at the Table

Buttermilk pie was my hubbys grandma and mother recipe and they would make it each year for the holidays and a few times throughout the year as well. Now that they are no longer here to create their delicious goodness I have taken up the goal of making the annual buttermilk pie. I personally do not think that I will be able to make mine up to taste as good as theirs did but with experience I hope that it comes close..


Buttermilk Pie Servings: 8


1 Pillsbury All-Ready Pie Crust (uncooked place in pie plan)
2 cups sugar
1 cup low-fat buttermilk
3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour (slightly rounded)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup margarine
3 large eggs


Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Cream sugar and margarine. Add eggs and flour; beat well. Stir in buttermilk and vanilla. Pour into prepared pie crust. Bake for 45-50 minutes.

shared on the meme Tuesdays At The Table hosted by the blog All The Small Stuff

1 comment:

  1. I would love to try this.. I've never had this but it looks great!

    I'd love for you to stop by What's Cooking Wednesday tonight (and each week) to share one of your recipes!

    Hope to see you there!
    Cristi
    http://thekingscourt4.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post