Custom Search

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Buckeye Candy

My mother made these delicious cookies when I was still at home before I had my own family Now as a wife and mom I make these for my family as well

1 (16-ounce) jar creamy peanut butter


1 cup butter or margarine, softened

1 1/2 (16-ounce) packages powdered sugar

2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate morsels

2 tablespoons shortening

Beat peanut butter and butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended. Gradually add powdered sugar, beating until blended. Shape into 1-inch balls; chill 10 minutes or until firm. Microwave chocolate and shortening in a 2-quart glass bowl at HIGH 1 1/2 minutes or until melted, stirring twice. Dip each ball in chocolate mixture until partially coated; place on wax paper to harden. Store in an airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post