Custom Search

Monday, December 6, 2010

A Childs Christmas Eve Dream

Last night I had a lovely dream,


But strange as it could be,

For on the hill beside our house

Stood a great Christmas tree.



It glowed with lighted candles,

High at the top, a star,

And 'round it, dancing in a ring,

Children from lands afar.



There were polite, little English girls,

Swiss boys with funny skis,

Dutch children in queer wooden shoes,

Joined hands with shy Chinese.



Turkish lads is tassled fez,

Tots from France and Greece and Poland,

Laughing as the children do

In the safety of a free land.



Perhaps my dream's a prophecy

Of Christmases to be,

When little children everywhere

Can sing because they're free.



I surely wish with all my heart,

This day of Jesus' birth,

That peace and love and happiness

Soon cover all the earth
 
Jingle Poetry

4 comments:

  1. But strange as it could be,

    For on the hill beside our house

    Stood a great Christmas tree. ..

    beautiful wonders...love the rhymes.
    well done.

    A+

    Happy Potluck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet poem. I hope for the same thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. very refreshing! mine's here- http://fiveloaf.wordpress.com/2010/01/15/head/

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post