Custom Search

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Christmas Potpourri



-- Pinecones

- Dried basil leaves
- Cinnamon sticks
- Whole star anise
- Dried berries
- Whole cloves
- Dried flowers, citrus fruits, apple slices, rosehips, pomegranates, etc.
- Cinnamon essential oil (found at natural food stores)


Start with a base of simple pinecones -any size and shape that you find works. I found some cute small round ones in my front yard. Add whatever ingredients you like. I've listed quite a few above, but if you don't like the smell of anise, don't add it. Or if you can't find basil leaves, just skip it. The great thing about this potpourri is that you can personalize to look and smell however you would like. If adding dried flowers, snip off the ends and break into small pieces. I've used cockscomb and statice for my example. Need to know how to dry orange and apple slices? Here's the perfect example for this Christmas craft project.  Put all the ingredients into a large plastic Ziploc bag. Add a few drops of the essential oil and shake. To keep this whole house smelling wonderful this season, add the potpourri to bowls around your house, and add a candle for an extra glow

shared at The Shabby Chic Cottage

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post