Custom Search

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Slow Cook Swiss Steak











I love my crockpot in the summer because I can cook meals without heating the house up. Here is a great weight watcher recipe for you.




Swiss Steak












3 T flour




1 t ground mustard




1/2 t salt




1 1/2 lb beef boneless round steak (8 pieces)




2 T oil




onion, sliced




bell pepper, sliced




14.5 oz can diced tomatoes, I like seasoned (un drained)





Mix flour, mustard and salt. Coat beef with flour mixture. Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Cook beef 15 minutes until brown. Place in 3 1/2 to 5 quart crock pot, and top with onion and bell pepper. Mix tomatoes ; pour over beef and vegetables. Cover and cook on low heat setting 6-10 hours.




for more great slow cook recipes visit the blog Diary of a Stay at Home Mom also check out simply delicous sunday at the blog 3 sides of Crazy also shared on the blog Organize With Sandy

3 comments:

  1. I've never had swiss steak, but it sounds really good. Even better when I can throw it in the crock pot. =)

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks good. I love being able to use my Crock Pot. I especially love meat after it has cooked all day in there. Just falls apart. Thanks for joining Share My Recipe Sunday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I picked you for my Gem of the Week Award on "Share my Recipe Sunday".
    You can pick up the Gem award (off sidebar will work best) and post on your blog!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post