Custom Search

Friday, July 9, 2010

Zucchini Pie

With so much delicious fresh produce available we would be foolish not to take advantage of it. After all farmer markets as well as great prices on fresh produce at the grocery store can help stretch the food budget. Here is a great idea to try with zucchini. I have made many different recipes with zucchini and this one is the among the top favorites





ZUCCHINI PIE

4 c. thinly slice zucchini
1 c. chopped onions
1/4 to 1/2 c margarine
1/2 c. chopped fresh parsley of 2 T. dried parsley
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. pepper
1/4 t. garlic salt
1/4 t. basil
1/4 t. oregano
2 eggs, beaten
2 c. grated cheddar or jack cheese
Dijon mustard
Deep dish pie crust, frozen or homemade

Prepare homemade crust or allow frozen crust to thaw. Preheat oven to 375. In a large skillet saute the zucchini & onions in the margarine for about 10 minutes or until softened . (I also added half of a green pepper, diced) Add the spices & stir well. Set aside. In a large bowl combine the eggs & cheese, mix well. (our favorite is cheddar cheese) Add the zucchini mixture & stir till well blended. Use Dijon mustard to paint inside of crust. ( I used a thicker layer of dijon one time & did not like it. I use about 1 t. of it, but you can use more if you like it.) Fill the pie crust with the zucchini mixture & bake for 18-20 minutes. (I added another 5 minutes to lighlty brown on top) Allow to stand for 10 minutes before cutting & serving.
Source:
http://janedoesntblog.blogspot.com/2007/07/more-zucchini.html

I shared this @ Mom Trends

1 comment:

  1. I haven't tried a recipe like this. I make a zucchini pie that tastes like apple pie.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post