Custom Search

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Never Fail Egg Custard Pie

HappyDay


One thing that I love about the summer time is all the great fish frys and get togethers DELICIOUS PIES one of my favorite pies is egg custard
Never Fail Egg Custard Pie
6 eggs
1 c sugar
2 T margarine, melted
1 t vanilla
1/8 t salt
2 1/2 cups milk
10 inch pie shell
nutmeg
Slightly beat eggs Add sugar, margarine, vanilla and salt Stir in milk Pour into unbaked ten inch pie shell Add a dash of nutmeg over top Bake seven minutes at 425 degrees Lower oven temp to 325 degrees and bake 25 more minutes.
Note: when edges are firm, remove from oven, place pot lid over pie it will finish cooking as it cools.

4 comments:

  1. That looks delicious! Did you save some for me? haha.

    Thanks for sharing the recipe and thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is yum! I would love to try it someday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a good custard! This looks great, thanks! Found you at Crazy Daisy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks great! My bro loves custard! I need to make this for him! Thanks for joining Tuesday Tastes, People's Choice Award polls are open. Come vote for your favorite recipe!

    Happy Day,
    Jasey @ Crazy Daisy
    http://crazyjayzplace.blogspot.com/2010/07/tuesday-tastes-party-15.html

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post