Custom Search

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Thankful Thursday


As I open my new book Chicken Soup for the Soul book Devotional Stories for Women that I recently won on a blog I realize that I am thankful for all the great individuals I have met on the Internet, for the wonderful blogs that I read each day and yes for the special little bonuses I received from the blogs. As I open this wonderful book the first devotion I turn to shares this verse:




I will praise you, O Lord, with all my heart; before your Gods I will sing your praise. Psalms 138:1




While I praise God for all the blessings that he allows us (or at least try to) I do feel that I may sometimes question his ways as well. I am thankful that we have a Lord that all though we may wonder why things happen or why something does not happen I am thankful that he still loves and cares about us. Praise God!!! that the love he gave us is one that we can always count on.




When my son was told he had a tumor on his back I am very ashamed that I did not trust immediately that God had all things in his hands. We did not act out or go against God but worried, stressed and thought of the worst. Upon calming down I knew that what I felt was shock for my child and what was going on. I am so thankful that while I was not concentrating on my Lord or shared my problems with him at first he was there always waiting for me to go to him. He was aware of all that was going on and I am thankful that my son did not act like me but instead took on the attitude at once that God would take care of him and did not worry. How peaceful he was as he talked to me. Thank God that through the lessons of his early (21) years he had such a peace about him and instead of me standing up and being the example he was the example to me. I am very thankful that he demonstrated the strength of a young man that I always dreamed he could be.




That is what I am thankful for. What are you thankful for? In all things give thanks and there is so much to be thankful for in this world and life.

2 comments:

  1. God bless you and your dear son.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your son sounds like a wonderful man. Thanks for sharing your thanks from a place of stress.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post