Custom Search

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Tackle It Tuesday : To Save A Life and Talking To Teens




Being a Mom does not only mean all the laundry, the cooking the discipline but it also means knowing where your kids really are. Now I am a mom of teens and this task was not as important when my children were in their toddler years but starting at the school age and especially now as they are trying to find their ways it is important to talk to my (your) children and find out where they stand. I took my teens to watch the movie To Save A Life. It was a wonderful movie filled with all sorts of characters from those like the main character Jake Taylor who had it all: friends, fame, a basketball scholarship and the hottest girl in school but also characters like Roger Dawson who has nothing no friends or goal in life. Life takes these two characters in life in two different directions because of life, popularity in school and just the hardness of teen years. I think my teens are lucky because they have each other to depend on they are not very often by their selves because they always have a friend near by. It is still important to check with my teens and find out where they stand and if they are 0.k. or not. After the movie we had a great talk and I found out that they were o.k but there were a couple of them that had to deal with being bullied in their highschool years (not now but in the past) If you have a teen and the movie is in your area ytou should go check it out. It is a great movie for teens and parents alike to watch.

5 comments:

  1. That sounds like an important thing to tackle:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you imagine how many parents out there don't care where their children are? Sad I think. Over the months of following you one the the things I love about you is how important your kids and family are. Sometimes kids might not like meddling parents, especially in their teen years, but what you do with yours is heart warming and instills my belief that there are wonderful parents out there who care, love and listen. Your kids are lucky to you have :) Ooops typo LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post!! It is so important!! And people do not think about it enough.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll have to watch that one. H.s. does make it easier but we still encounter issues. I can just deal w/them faster.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post