Custom Search

Friday, January 29, 2010

Friday Fragments : Snow Coming






Winter Weather approaching our area once again. Just this weekend we were talking about how warm the weather was. Just jacket weather in the middle of January did not seem quite right we all knew that the cold weather would be coming back in soon. So we only wait to see what we will get ice, snow, sleet? Just what is on the way is still to be seen.






A term that I use it seems alot in every day language is "knock on wood" It seems I never want to say a definite when things are going so well. I looked up the term on Wikipedia to see just what the term means and this is what I foun:



Knocking on wood, The expression is usually used in the hope that a good thing will continue to occur after it has been acknowledged. So, for example, one might say: "The rain looks like it's holding, knock on wood", or "Knock on wood, I'm much better now." Another example would be "I have never had to use my gun before, knock on wood




The definition is exactly what I would use when using the term. Is there a phase that you use alot?




Well since it is early and my mind is not awake I can not really think of any other random thoughts. What are you thinking about today? Share them on friday fragments located at Half-Past Kissin' Time

3 comments:

  1. I seem to be stuck on the phrase, "Such is life," because it just applies to so many situations.

    Snow. A foreign concept for our area this winter. I am okay with that, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've had plenty of winter weather here this season, but I don't mind. Mr.4444 is at this moment building a nice fire in the fireplace. That makes the cold worth it :)

    An idiom I use on a daily basis, especially at school, in the classroom, is "Oops. Lost my head. Sorry." I'm pretty scatterbrained at times; the kids are getting used to it.

    Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've had a stupid amount of winter weather this year! The worst part is it's piddly compared to what I'm used to, but they're so ill-equipped to deal with it here that it's making it miserable.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post