Custom Search

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Random Thought Tuesday: Teens and Depression Part 2

I shared with you my random thoughts on Teens and Depression. Now I want to share with you the Signs and Symptoms of Depressions in Teens.

SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF DEPRESSION IN TEENS
  • Sadness or hopelessness
  • Irritability, anger, or hostility
  • Tearfulness or frequent crying
  • Withdrawal from friends and family
  • Loss of interest in activities
  • Changes in eating and sleeping habits
  • Restlessness and agitation
  • Feelings of worthlessness and guilt
  • Lack of enthusiasm and motivation
  • Fatigue or lack of energy
  • Difficulty concentrating
  • Thoughts of death or suicide

I do not think that I saw as much crying in my boys as I do or did my teenage girls. I feel as if they go through a stage where they cry at the drop of a hat. They either have hormones that rage at this age or the thoughts of growing up, the problems they face and the society we live become super hard and the tears flow easily. The one thing that I did notice in my boys is that they get angry easy and quite often. Sleeping habits changed a lot in some of my teens where they would stay up late and sleep late early in the morning. Some of this is simply the way their body works but I sometimes wonder if it is that they can't sleep because of physical or if they cant sleep because of stress. I hope that they would come to me if this is the problem. That is why the door to sharing is always open with mine. Is the door between yours and you open as well? My hopes is that it is and always will be.

2 comments:

  1. While it was not always easy to listen, I always allowed my daughter to tell me anything or express her self at home. I remember being a teenager as a very difficult time and i never wanted her to feel so very alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. I'm so not looking forward to the teen years,. Yikes.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post