Custom Search

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Thankful Thursday

1 John 5:5 Who is he that overcomes the world, but he that believes that Jesus is the Son of God?

I so love this verse as it seems to say to me that we are nothing but with Jesus in our corner we are everything. Perhaps this verse is the wisest thing to remember. For if we follow Jesus then we will be cared for with the best. It is when we depart from his ways that we worry, get stressed and troubles incure.

Proverbs 12:25 Worry weighs a person down; an encouraging word cheers a person up

Why worry and get all stressed out we should keep enouraged and share encouraging words.

As we travel down lifes events there will be many difficulties. We will never be able to face it all along without him in our corner.

Today I am thankful for the family , friends, church members and others who give me grand encouragement and helps me remember that one day we will find a blessed home and live forever with our Lord Jesus
I am very thankful that while I need to have my gallbladder taken out I do have time to go at my own pace. I am thankful for the doctor that I have and his encouraging, Christian love that he knows while I am afraid that he can encourage and send me in the right direction.

For more great words of encouragement and see what others are thankful for visit the blog Spiritually Unequal

10 comments:

  1. Wonderful thankful list. Mahalo for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, and great blessings! Happy Thankful Thursday to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog .. I still havent done my slow cooking post this week, oh boy I am behind! LOL happy thursday stop by anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad your church encourages you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't this a wonderful topic today? I enjoyed what you had to say about it! I'm originally from Illinois, the western suburbs of Chicago.

    Have a great day!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful post. I love the look of your blog. It's just beautiful. I had my gallbladder out last summer..and God WAS soooo amazing...

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful thankful Thursday post.Thanks for sharing.
    God Bless you !

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had my gall bladder taken out and feel so much better, but I didn't have time to think about it. It was at a dangerous stage. So thankful that you are doing so well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi,

    Wow, great post and I loved this scripture reference you pointed out. Hadn't thought about that...

    I am finally getting over to your place for Thankful Thursday…. Last week. Yikes, I am a bit behind. Thank you for honoring the Lord with your Thankful heart. I will see you again this Thursday. Hugs

    PS. I forgot the computer tip last week but have a good one for this week.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post