Custom Search

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Gratituesday 5/12



Southern Illinois was hit hard with storms over the weekend and have still not fully recovered. While my prayers go out for all those in the eye of the storm so to speak I am so thankful that while we felt the after brush we were not destroyed. To hear them speak they are suggesting it was a inland hurricane type of storm. With the winds being over 120 mph in some places and I know it was very hard winds here. I know that the pictures of the destruction state that many people were in dangered and yet we have to say Thank you Lord for saving lives as I have only heard of a handful who have lost their lives. To live in Illinois all of my life you do not see hurricanes and to have a storm such as this is a one of a kind type of event. Thank God while our friends in those areas had their houses hit they were cradled in God's hands and were not injured.


For more gratitude stories or to list your own check out the blog Heavenly Homemakers I also listed this at the meme Random Thoughts @ Momperspectives

6 comments:

  1. wow, i didn't even hear about that of course you have to stay up way late or get up really early to get any good news from the us over here. so thankful you stopped by and headed on over to check out that me-me, thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, 120 mph winds! Glad you are OK, definitely a reason to give thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that you and your family are ok after such an ordeal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Praise God you are safe and sound!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad that you and your family are safe and sound :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for stopping by today..... glad your ok after those storms!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post