Custom Search

Thursday, May 3, 2018

National Teen Pregnancy Prevention Month


National Teen Pregnancy Prevention Month was created to do just what it says. Young people need to understand that they have the power to decide if, when, and under what circumstances to become pregnant. They should think seriously about what they would do in a stressful situation before the issue persist. Parents and other supportive adults play an important role in ensuring youth have the skills they need to make good choices.

My story:
I became a teen age mom at the age of 16. My parents did not understand fully and I was pretty much left alone There were many teachers, counselors and others that did help me greatly. If it were not for them I am not sure where I would be at. Now, the baby I had when I was a young teenage married mother is 31 years of age and I delight in her life daily. I do at times wish I had waited a bit more time before I had her but would not change a thing about my life with her.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post