Custom Search

Thursday, May 3, 2018

Its A Bit of Hodge Podge

1. April showers bring May flowers or so the saying goes. Is there a flower you associate with a particular memory? Explain.

I love lilacs I used to take them to the teacher each May around the time school was released for the year

2. Last time you helped someone? Tell us how.

my career choice allows me to help people every day, as a nurses aide in a nursing home I have the opportunity to help many. In addition to that me and my husband help the younger generations of our family. From our own children to nieces and nephews we are always around ready to help. 

3. It's National Salsa Month (the food, not the dance) so tell us, do you like salsa? Hot, medium, or mild? Homemade, store bought, or from your favorite restaurant only?

I like salsa in many different flavors. One of my favorites is fruity salsa 

4. When I was twelve years old...

I was in junior high and my family moved to southern Illinois. My dad was a rural mail career and took the opportunity to better his family. I thought my life was going to end but I met a young lady that was around my age and we became friends. My life did change but for the most part it was good I created memories that will last a life time. 

5. It's the first of May so let's run with it-first things first, don't know the first thing about it, first dibs on something, first impression, first rate, first cousin, first string, first come first served, at first light-which phrase can best be applied to something in your life currently or even recently?

I would say first cousin. I have many on both my dads side as well as my moms. Many of my first cousins on my dads side were around my age and we became best friends and today stay in contact as well. My mother was 12 years older than her brothers and sisters so my cousins on that side are years younger than I am. That means that I can offer advice, share my own stories and be friends with them as well.
 

6. Insert your own random thought here.

My own random thought would be to be careful this summer. While I enjoy going barefooted the best thing is to wear shoes Recently I had a hospital stay where due to my   neuropathy I had to have foot surgery. Imagine my surprise when I heard the words "you have foreign objects in your foot. As a little girl I had stepped on a fish hook, went to the hospital to have it removed, the only thing was they did not remove it all. The other piece I had to have removed in the operating room was a small bead that someone had dropped on the floor and I never felt steping on it. So be careful out there


shared with hodge podge 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post