Custom Search

Friday, May 14, 2010

Graduation Planter Celebrating the years


This weekend we will be celebrating graduations at our house. I found the instructions to this planter here and love it I will create my own for the party to follow graduation








•2 Photos
•Craft Wire (16 gauge or thicker)
•Pen or Pencil
•Craft Glue
•Wire Cutters
•Scissors


Start out by trimming 2 photos to the same size. I wanted to preserve my original photos so I scanned them and printed them out on cardstock. Cut a piece of wire about 2-feet long. Wrap the wire around a pen or pencil to make it look like a spring. Gently pull on each end of the wire to separate the coils a little bit. Straighten about 2-inches of one wire on either end. Now spread a thin layer of glue on the back of one of the photos. Lay the straightened wire end onto the glue and then lay the other photo on top of it so that the wire is sandwiched between the two photos. Try to line up the edges of the photo as well as you can. Once the glue is dry, you can poke the other end of the wire into the soil in a flower pot of into the vase of a bouquet of flowers.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post