Custom Search

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Caramel Pecan Monkey Bread

one of this my favorite desserts or breakfast to fix my family on special occasions is monkey bread and here is a great recipe I found at my recipes

Caramel Pecan Monkey Bread
1 (12 oz.) bottle caramel sundae sauce
1 cup pecans, chopped
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 stick (1/4 lb.) unsalted butter, melted
3 (7.5 oz.) packages refrigerated biscuit dough

Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 10-inch tube pan with shortening. Spread 1/3 cup caramel in pan. Sprinkle with 1/3 cup pecans. In a shallow dish, mix sugar and nutmeg. Pour butter into another shallow dish. Unroll one package biscuit dough. Cut each biscuit into 4 pieces. Roll each piece in melted butter and then in sugar mixture. Drop each into pan, covering bottom. Drizzle with 1/3 cup caramel and sprinkle with 1/3 cup pecans. Repeat, layering remaining dough, caramel and nuts, ending with 1/3 cup caramel. Bake until top is golden brown and a bit crisp, 30 to 35 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately turn out onto a large serving plate.

1 comment:

  1. These look absolutely sinful! My but I would like to have some now with my coffee!

    If you have time, stop by and check out my giveaway! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post