Custom Search

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Saturday Psalm and Praise

For some reason reading the post located under this meme brought my thoughts to my father and his favorite song or at least one of them I know he sang this one like a hero
The old Brown Church

There’s a church in the valley by the wildwood,No lovelier spot in the dale;No place is so dear to my childhood,As the little brown church in the vale.
Refrain
Come to the church in the wildwood,Oh, come to the church in the dale,No spot is so dear to my childhood,As the little brown church in the vale.
How sweet on a clear, Sabbath morning,To list to the clear ringing bell;Its tones so sweetly are calling,Oh, come to the church in the vale.
Refrain
There, close by the church in the valley,Lies one that I loved so well;She sleeps, sweetly sleeps, ’neath the willow,Disturb not her rest in the vale.
Refrain
There, close by the side of that loved one,To trees where the wild flowers bloom,When the farewell hymn shall be chantedI shall rest by her side in the tomb.
Refrain
From the church in the valley by the wildwood,When day fades away into night,I would fain from this spot of my childhoodWing my way to the mansions of light.

loved this as a child and loved to sit with my daddy in that pew man some days those seemed like the greatest day we ever had

for more saturday psalm and praise go here and here

1 comment:

  1. I've never heard this song before, but it is interesting. Thank you for posting it and participating in the meme! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post