Custom Search

Monday, March 2, 2009

frugal meal ideas

I just saw this frugal meme on another blog and if it is scraping by you want to know about we do it every day. We feed our family of 8 on a food budget of $540 a month or $135 a week. Here is a great recipe that we found just the other day and everyone loves

Sloppy joe pizza
1 lb hamburger
can of sloppy joe sauce
pizza crust dough (can or homemade)
1 c shredded cheese

roll out pizza dough onto pizza pan. Brown hamburger. Drain. Stir in sauce. Layer meat over pizza dough Top with cheese and bake in 400 degree oven 15 minute

Polish Sausage Casserole
3 boxes of polish sausage casserole
1 pk polish sausage, sliced
1 c shredded cheese

Make macaroni and cheese Layer mac n cheese with sausage in a casserole dish top with cheese and bake 400 degree oven 30 minutes

these are two of my favorite recipes please visit here for more frugal help

5 comments:

  1. I love your meals and who orgainized you are! I so need to be better at planning the meals, but I'm always flying by the seat of my pants!

    You we both belong to so many of the same blogs, why not come over here and follow you too :). So here I am! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant how organized your are not who dingdong over here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These both sound great! I'll have to give them a try! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for leaving the comment on my blog! I have published my Hamburger Gravy recipe (which is also a frugal meal!) Here is the link: http://blog.boreingfamily.com/2009/03/hamburger-gravy.html

    I hope your family enjoys it!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post