Custom Search

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Story Time Felts Review


I recently received 3 sets of Story Time Felts and a felt board to go with them. These will be for the little ones in my life. When my mom saw the story time felt sets she instantly thought of bible school. The reason for this was that one of the story time felt sets that I recieved was that of the Resurrection of Christ. My mother loves to share the story of Christ with children who have never heard this great story. The colorful felt pieces drew out the features of the characters and seemed to bring them to life. So of course she was intrigued by the story time felt company and brought the felt set to the child's director at church. The other 2 sets I received were great as well. One of the felt sets was that of a farm felt set which included animals and a farmer. The colors of these animals would draw anyones attention to the figure but especiallay a preschooler who is very interested in bright colors and shapes The other Story Time Felt was a fruit and vegetable fruit set. I can already tell you I see the very hungry Caterpillar coming to life somehow using the fruit and vegetable set. Just looking at the great Story Time Felt Pieces brought stories to mind and new ideas on how to express and emphasize these stories using the Story Time Felt story kits.
Story Time Felts are irresistible and little hands can not resist touching them. I love the fact that while the felt story sets attracts the child's attention the Story Time Felt company created lesson ideas that the adult or parent can use. Each Story Time Felt kit includes a story to read , coloring pictures and little lesson ideas. Story Time Felt kits are perfect for homeschool, Vacation Bible School, Sunday School or just play time with mommy.
Story Time Felt Kits are created so that the stories are to be read by the adult or parent in charge and allows the child to play with and move the felt according to the story line. The colors of the felt cut outs seem to just pop out and fit right into the story that is being illustrated and told. For example we were sent the religious Easter story and the colors used were pastel and light but we were also sent a farm cut out set and story and the colors were brighter and more to the point.
As a parent and a former early childhood student teacher coming up with creative lessons that were a bit different each time became overwhelming. The Story time felt stories and lesson ideas should help to relieve this problem and create interesting lesson ideas. While I was sent 3 great sets from where tons of ideas came from I was also sent a great catalog which listed other attractive sets and from where we will be ordering more sets as the seasons progress and lesson ideas are needed.
Developmental building skill lists that can be found at doctor offices often draw and hold my attention. Story Time Felts can help your preschooler to develop needed skills by offering them skill practice in the following areas: hand-eye coordination, speaking and listening skills, problem solving, math skills of counting, life skills, and creativity, through make-believe.
The last and best reason I am going to suggest why you should purchase the Story Time Felts is because they are fun. Fun for the child, fun for the parent, fun for all involved In this time where time is a precious gem why not have a great educational experience where you can have fun. Like I have said many times when they are having fun they do not realize they are learning until the skill is permanently concreted.

18 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for stopping by. You have SOME awesome ideas here. I run a homedaycare and your blog shares alot of wonderful wisdom for me to add to my daycare...Have a blessed day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to use Storytime felts for my kids when they were younger - wish I still had them for my new grandson

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed your review. Felt is an easy way for children to use their senses. See, touch, listen, and learn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angela,

    Loved felts when I was a kid... Loved them.. Hey, thanks for stopping by my place earlier. Have a blessed Thursday. Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  5. that was a great review! i loved it when my teacher used felts when i was in school. i know my kids would love this!

    blessings ~

    ReplyDelete
  6. I learned a lot in your review. I am always looking for something to keep the kiddos entertained, but I also want them to be learning at the same time. The kiddos are my daycare kids. I had completely forgotten about how much fun I had as a child with Felt story time. I loved them. Fantastic Idea, I love that it will also help with their speaking and listening skills.
    Great Product. Awesome Review. Thanks
    auntrene.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I teach kindergarten. These would be great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My son would love this.My librarian uses felt boards and the kids go crazy over it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that felt boards are still be used. I used to love them when I was a kid and I bet my son would love them too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved felt boards as a kid and I can't wait to introduce my son to one too!

    couponcrazymom00 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been wanting to get a felt board for my toddler - thanks for the inspiration!

    msanchezmasi (at) fmtcs (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kids can learn so much from the felt kits. They are a good idea

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love these! They are so perfect for tactile learners!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great review! These sound wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. There is such magic in letting our sweet'ums create their own inspirations with felt! : ))) And, I love that Story Time Felts are "irresistible and little hands can not resist touching them." 'Tis be true! We so love Karen at Story Time Felts!

    Thanks so much for this amazing review!

    leahita[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Felts are pretty awesome! I used to love playing with them when I was growing up!

    mommyhoodisthankless{AT}gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous idea! I'd love to try these with my girls!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post