Custom Search

Wednesday, July 26, 2017

National Bagelfest How Do You Eat Your Bagel


Bagels may have been first made to honor a king, King John III of Poland. It was shortly after he protected Austria's people from an attack by Turkish invaders. The local baker in Austria may have created the bagel in the shape of a stirrup to honor the king who was a horseman.

One fact about bagels that I did not know is that they are boiled before baked. First shaping the dough into a circle then dipping in boiling water 3-5 minutes per side. Drain and bake for 10 minutes. I have to tell the truth here and say while I have ate bagels that have been made at home I have never made them from scratch. My bagels are normally found in the bread or freezer aisle. The most popular flavor of bagel ever sold is plain.

There are many ways to eat bagels including but not limited to:

  • warmed or toasted with just a bit of butter
  • use them to make sandwiches
  • dress up cream cheese with a bit of flavor and enjoy
  • pizza bagels



While these are all great ideas and there are many more that I can think of check out this treat of a strawberry spread. 




1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
1 cup strawberries, hulled

In a blender or food processor, combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and strawberries.  Pulse until smooth and well blended.  Use immediately or refrigerate until needed.















No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post