Custom Search

Friday, June 25, 2010

Remember to Wash Re-Usable Shopping Bags

Many of you may be like me and have re-usable washing bags. I love mine and use them. I feel that by re-using my bags that I am saving the earth of just a bit more contamination. Recently a study was done that showed that if these reusable bags are not properly washed they may be dangerous. You can read that article here The reasoning behind this case sounds correct to me since it deals with cross contamination and the dangers it poses. Using a bag one trip to purchase meat that may leak and then not washing that bag and the second trip placing produce in the bag is the same sort of cross contamination we watch for in our kitchens. So if you are using re-usable bags good for you just Please take the time to wash them for safety sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post