Custom Search

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Blessed with Grace


German Apple Cheese Cake

this recipe comes from Germany and I found in a cookbook Prairie Harvest 1981, the original recipe came from Mrs. Hardke Hazen

3/4 c margarine, soft

1/2 c sugar

3 eggs

3 t baking powder

1 2/3 c flour

1 (8 oz.) cream cheese, soft

1 (8 oz.) ctn. cottage cheese

4 apples, peeled and sliced

Mix all but apples up til creamy. (this mix will be thick) Grease and flour cake pan Pour 1/2 of batter into pan Layer sliced apples on top of batter and spread remaining batter over apples Bake 350 degrees for 60 minutes While cake is warm sprad glaze over top

Glaze:

1 c powder sugar

lemon juice

Add enough lemon juice to sugar to make a soupy mix Pour over cake

1 comment:

  1. Yummy! I wanted to drop you a line and say that I love your blog and am passing along the Sunshine Award to you. Please visit my blog to accept and pass along the sunshine to someone else! http://kenziesgumdropsandlollipops.blogspot.com/2010/06/sunshine-award-my-first-award.html

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post