Custom Search

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Pimento Cheese

One of my sister in laws favorite sandwich is a pimento cheese sandwich. It seems that she grew up on them. Until I met my husband I had never heard of a pimento cheese sandwich. They commonly refer to them as Pimento and Cheese. Here is a great sandwich spread that is perfect for this time of year.
Pimento Cheese

1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
2 cups shredded extra-sharp Cheddar cheese
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1 pinch garlic powder
1 (4 ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained

Beat the cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixture until creamy Add cheddar cheese and continue beating until light and fluffy Beat in mayonnaise and garlic powder. Stir in pimentos Cover and chill for at least 1 hour

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Cream Cheese? Cheddar Cheese? Mayo and Garlic? WHAT'S NOT TO LIKE????? This sounds wonderful. Keri a.k.a. Sam

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post