Custom Search

Thursday, March 10, 2016

Middle Name Day




Middle Name Pride Day occurs on the 10th day of March every year. It honors the seldom used middle name that often sets you apart from others. Middle names are selected with care often recalling fond memories or in honor of someone.


One other reason to be proud of your middle name your parents gave you that makes your name unique. Instead of being a simple John Smith it is John Jacob Jingleheimer Smith. 

Why was you donned with your middle name?? I have a friend that did not give her children any middle name and yet another that offer her children more than one middle name. do you have a middle name?? What is it, why was you given that name. 

My middle name is Kay, the same as my mothers. My mother gave me her middle name in order for it to continue on. I am the mother of 4 biological children each of them given middle names for special reasons:

Timmy Lee , same middle name as his father
Susan Ann, my nickname as her middle name
Cory Joe, middle name same as his uncles middle name
Krystinal Nicole, after my brother who passed on in childhood

Be proud of your middle name... Tell me about it... Start with what it is

19 comments:

  1. My middle name is Leslie. As a kid I would say it as Nestle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never had a middle name until I did the traditional thing and took my maiden name :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do have a middle name but no idea where my names came from

    ReplyDelete
  4. My middle name is Ann after two of my Aunts. One I love and miss dearly the other well I'm not fond of her.
    My oldest's middle name is Amelia it's an old family name on my dad's side.
    My baby has two middle names since my husband and I couldn't agree and she's our let. Ann Milena. Ann after me and my favorite Aunt. Milena after my husband's great great grandmother who was Native American.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mine is Kenny. It was supposed to be my only name but my Mom thought it was too manly so she made it Kathy Kenny to make my name more feminine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My middle name is Gwynn. I was named after my aunt/godmother Gwendolyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a little embarrassing but I don't have a middle name to celebrate this event. It's so nice to read about all of yours though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love my middle name- though I'm a daughter my middle name is my dad's name.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I actually have a middle name but I don't know where it came from too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love my middle name and it’s my father’s name! :-) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Never heard this celebration before! Glad you shared about it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun day! I actually don't have a middle name, and neither does my younger sister. I'm not sure why, but no one ever believed me when they asked what my middle name was.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mine is Marie. Then my daugher has the middle name Katelyn-Marie and my granddaughter's middle name is Marie too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. My middle name is from a family member. My niece also carries it now in honor of my grandma and myself! So fun.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am one of those rare people that don't have a middle name. My first name is double barrel so its Ana Luisa .

    ReplyDelete
  17. Rosalee is my middle name and I like the way it rolls off my tongue. Not sure how my mum came up with that name

    ReplyDelete
  18. Haha my middle name is Lynne, it was just something random... However I gave my dauhter the last name Lynne so she could match me ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. WoW, I never know about this particular day, sounds really interesting.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post