Custom Search

Sunday, March 6, 2016

Invention That Helped Scientist Every Where



It's been many years since I sat in a science or chemistry classroom. The one thing I will always remember is what the periodic table looks like. Some of the chemical symbols I will always remember but truthfully many of them I will not. I am happy it is there for those that need it and can learn from it.

The Periodic table is an organized chart of displaying the chemical elements created by a Russian chemist in 1869. With a strong interest in chemistry at an early age the scientist attended many schools and eventually on March 6th 1869 developed a presentation to be shared wit the Russian chemical society.

The table created would consist of groups of alkali metals, alkaline earth metals, halogens and noble gases. The elements were arranged into groups. and periods. The groups belonged in column in the periodic table of the elements. The periods were placed in rows of elements. The layout has been changed and extended over time. When new elements are discovered it is added to the periodic table.







No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post