Custom Search

Thursday, February 4, 2016

Thank a Mailman Day




February  4th is a very special day. It is Thank a Mailman Day. My own father was a mailman. In fact he was a rural route carrier. I can remember many Saturdays and summer days of going with my dad and having a bit of fun riding with my dad. He treasured the individuals he would meet and every once and again they would give him a special treat. He loved those days it was a special way to show him appreciation. Today is the day to think about giving back to the individual who comes to your door step 6 days a week. We keep our mail carrier quite busy show him how much we appreciate him.



You can select your own manner of giving back and showing appreciation. If you need a bit of help here are some great ways to do just that

Leave them a note in your mailbox with a gift card to a local restaurant or coffee shop. We post lots of yummy deals and freebies every day, why not surprise them with a treat? I know a warm caffeinated beverage gets me going every day!
Speaking of freebies, why not put together a gift bag of some of your recent scores?
Warm up their cold days by giving them a pair of gloves or a package of hand or foot warmers. These are usually inexpensive and can be found at any sporting goods store or online

One thing that often made my dad smile was personal notes. There were kids who got to know my dad and would leave him little notes like this in the mailbox.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post