Custom Search

Monday, February 1, 2016

Canned Food offers Moms a Hand Up

Now days moms are super busy. Not that they were not 20 years ago but to me I think the world is going faster and that means we all must be a bit busier. I am a working mom who loves my job, to spend time with my family and write on my blog as well. So when it comes time to prepare meals I look for great food but shortcuts whenever they are available. Using canned foods is one shortcut that I often use.
 
 
 
One of our favorite meals that uses canned foods is Taco Soup. A quick way to create a family meal that both pleases the teens and is nutritious.


Taco Soup


1 lb lean ground beef (or turkey)
1 onion, chopped
1 pkg taco seasonings
1 pkg dry Ranch seasonings
2 large cans diced tomatoes, undrained
1 can Rotel tomatoes, undrained
1 can black beans
1 can pinto beans
1 can whole kernel corn

Brown meat and onion. Drain. Add seasonings. Drain beans and corn. Add to meat along with tomatoes. Simmer until well blended and hot. Eat and enjoy.
Add a bit of grated cheese or sour cream and this simple soup is perfect for cold

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post