Custom Search

Sunday, January 31, 2016

Freezer Cooking: Apple Crumble Pie


Apple Crumble pie with my  bottled apple pie filling
 
To add nuts reduce the oatmeal to 1/2 c. and 
add a 1/2 cup nuts of your choice.

1/2 c.unsalted butter
1 c. brown sugar
3/4 c. flour
3/4 c. oatmeal
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt

Large batch
6 sticks unsalted butter
6 c. brown sugar
4 1/2 c. flour
4 1/2 c. oatmeal
3 tsp. cinnamon
3 tsp. salt


Mix everything together really well. 
Sprinkle the mixture flat on a cookies 
tray and freeze until solid. 
When solid put into a freezer safe bag and freeze until ready to use. 


To use
1 pre-baked pie crust (optional)
2 can pie filling
1 recipe of frozen crumble

Pour the pie fillings in the baked crust and top with the frozen crumble. 
Bake at 350 for 35 - 45 minutes or until the crumb topping is browned and crisp. 
If you wish to make this without the pie crust to make cobbler, 
pour the pie fillings into the bottom of a glass baking dish and 
top with oat mix. Bake the same as with the crust

shared at
Sunday Blog Hop
Mommy MOnday Blog Hop

9 comments:

  1. I love apple crumble and I make this all the time. I like the idea of freezing the crumble. Thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks really good. I giggle at the large batch mix. I could see my self sneaking and eating this from the freezer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love fruit crumbles. Thanks for the freezer tips... why didn't I think of that? Looks delish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds yummy - now can you come to NYC and show ME how to do it? )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never thought about freezing the crumble. That is such a good idea and a big time saver! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I freeze desserts all the time.. and it makes me happy when I crave for sweets. I love your recipe and will be trying it out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love apple crumble!! I will try to make this recipe in my kitchen too by following all these instructions!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh this looks divine. Do you deliver?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is total deliciousness made easy! I couldn't love it more!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post