Custom Search

Monday, February 1, 2016

Prepare your GroundHog

First I painted one foot brown (and man, were those kids ticklish!) and made a footprint.
When it was dry, they made a face and added some sky, either sunny or cloudy. For the ground, I gave the kids a choice. My inspiration picture had grass, but here in the Midwest the ground is covered in snow for Groundhog Day. (Well, usually. This winter has been very, very mild and there is hardly any snow out there.) So I let the kids choose if they wanted to make grass with hand prints...
or snow with cotton balls.
I also printed out the poem and they glued it to their picture. It says:
Here's a little groundhog, furry and brown.
He's coming up to look all around.
If he sees his shadow, down he'll go.
Then six more weeks of winter -- OH NO!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post