Custom Search

Friday, February 5, 2016

Frugal Friday

Today on frugal friday I want to share some of my favorite yet inexpensive and quick meals.



One of my favorite things to do is to take a whole chicken and boil it off the bones so that i have plenty of meat to work with. With that I can make many different meals. I can make cheesey pasta chicken casserole, chicken stuffing casserole, and chicken dumplings to name just a few.

Hamburger is another meat that I love to use. Walmart is the lowest place in my area to purchase hamburger unless a great sale is going on. But still even for my family of 8 a lb or 2 of hamburger can go quite a ways.

Peanut butter is yet another great staple in my cupboard that I keep. PB can go a long ways as you can imagine this frugal mommy can push it to a point of no come back. Peanut butter sandwiches, pb cookies, pb no bake cookies to name just a few.

I am listing a few of my favorite recipes so that you can add them to your list of quick easy frugal meals to make.

Mini Meatloaf

2 lb hamburger 1 c salsa
4 slices of toast 8 slices bacon
4 eggs
2 t garlic

Mix all but the bacon. Place mix in muffin cups. Top with bacon and bake 350 degrees for 30 minutes


Apple Chicken

cooked chicken meat
onion, sliced
4 apples, sliced
1 c syrup
2/3 c italian dressing

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Warm chicken in skillet. Place onion slices on top chicken. Place onions around chicken Mix last 2 and pour over top. Bake til your doneness

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post