Custom Search

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Tightwad Tuesday


I am not sure if there are charity auctions every where but here where I live there are several a year. I love them because you can save money and gets lots of great items. Well once again we are had a radio auction to support the Lions of a nearby team. We bought a handmade Noah's ark baby quilt for $17, (great buy) and a movie card. Yeah that was great and tonight we will listen again to see what if anything we can get. If there is one near you check it out because they are cool

for more tightwad Tuesday tips visit Raising 4 Godly Men blog here
For more frugal friday ideas visit the blog live as mom here

6 comments:

  1. Hi have never heard of a chairty auction. Sounds awesome! We love estate auctions and sales. Usually called tag sales here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of a charity auction, but it sounds right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've gone to auctions that benefit my sons' preschool and my daughter's elementary school, and we have come away with great items at great prices, like a week of summer camp or a birthday party package at a local jumpy house place, both at less than 50% of the retail price.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard of charity auctions but I don't recall ever seeing any around here, but I grew up going to auctions and estate sales with my mom where we got some good deals.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy them too, although we don't have many of them around. I find that we often spend more at them because they are really a benefit for something. I do find a bargain once and awhile though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is sooooooooooo neat ! I am sorry I am late but late is better than never. Love this idea but sadly I don't think it is around here. Maybe you can Show and Tell you Noah's Ark quilt. [0=

    Blessings in Him<><
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post