Custom Search

Monday, March 30, 2009

Monday Musings





Since coming back from the Dare to Share convention with my youth I would love to share some Christian qoutes that help explore thoughts that I think may be on minds of youth;



Experience tells me that people's hearts are seldom changed if they are not changed when young. Seldom indeed are men converted when they are old. Habits have deep roots. Once sin is allowed to settle in your heart, it will not be turned out at your bidding. Custom becomes second nature, and its chains are not easily broken.

Pride) comes from not knowing yourself and the world. The older you grow, and the more you see, the less reason you will find for being proud. Ignorance and inexperience are the pedestal of pride; once the pedestal is removed – pride will soon come down.

J.C. Ryle
Thoughts for Young Men.



There are people in Heaven that God loves, and there are people in Hell that God loves.

~ Jesse Davidson


the midst of the suffocating self-love of our modern and postmodern culture, the Bible is clear that our real hunger is to know the one true God revealed in its pages. Only in doing so will we satisfy our cravings for security (faith), find the purpose for which we exist (hope), and be able to live free from slavery to self (love).

For more great monday musing qoutes visit Candy Hearts and Paper Flowers here

2 comments:

  1. I hope J.C. Ryle is wrong about people not changing. It's definitely far easier to change when you are younger, but as I'm hoping my in-law's can change a bit with our adoption plans. I'm holding out hope that there is wiggle room there :)
    I like the one from Jesse Davidson best. Sort of puts a lot into perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, powerful stuff! A good reminder why we need to be diligent about teaching and training our children.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post