Custom Search

Friday, October 26, 2018

History of Halloween

Halloween has been in existence since pagan times. The history of Halloween is not clearly known as it was a time in history when much was not wrote down.  In the world today, it is a holiday that is celebrated by a great variety of countries. Perhaps the reason Halloween is so popular is the fun and good times for both young and old associated with the holiday.



As a pagan celebration Halloween is believed to have originated in the British Isles. During that time it was thought that spirits rose from the dead and mingled with those living during the day. Food was left at the doors of houses hoping to encourage good spirits. Masks were worn to scare off the bad spirits. Other traditions were added to the celebration of Halloween after Romans invaded England.



The dead were honored and the harvest celebrated may have been an addition of the Romans or the Celts. The Romans and Celts from Ireland and Scotland battled around this time period with neither side a clear winner. However, it was the Roman Catholic church that strived to rid the area of pagan holidays created a special All Saints Day to be celebrated November 1st.

Modern day Halloween comes from "All Hallows' Evening" This is the evening of All Hallows' Day. This custom of celebrating the eves before holidays is a Christmas tradition still observed thru Christmas Eve, New Years eve to name just a couple. Eventually it was shortened to Halloween



retweet here 

shared at these blog hops, linkups and parties
flaunt it friday


shared this post at these facebook linkups

1 comment:

  1. Dr Itua cure my HIV, I have been a ARV Consumption for 10 years. i have been in pains until i came across Dr Itua on blogs site.I emailed him about my details of my HIV and my location i explained every thing to him and he told me that there is nothing to be scared of that he will cured me, he gave me guarantee,He ask me to pay for items fees so when i'm cured I will show gratitude I did and giving testimony of his healing herbs is what I'm going to do for the rest of you out there having HIV and other disease can see the good work of Dr Itua.I received his herbal medicine through EMS Courier service who delivered to my post office within 5 working days.Dr Itua is an honest man and I appreciate him for his good work.My GrandMa called him to appreciate him and rest of my friends did too,Is a joy to me that I'm free of taking Pills and having that fat belle is a nightmare.you will understand what i'm talking about if you have same problem I was having then not now though.I'm free and healthy Big Thanks To Dr Itua Herbal Center.I have his calendar too that he recently sent me,He Cure all kind disease Like,Cancer,Herpes,Fibromyalgia,Hiv,Hepatitis B,Fibroid,Diabetes,Dercum,Copd ,and also Bring back Ex Lover Back..Here his Contact .drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Or Whats_app Number +2348149277967

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post