Custom Search

Friday, August 26, 2016

Tomato Mozzarella Salad

Tomato Mozzarella Salad



1 good-sized tomatoes
6 ounces of mozzarella cheese, sliced in pieces about the size of the tomatoes, if possible
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon rice vinegar with basil and oregano
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup garden fresh herbs (I grow chives, basil, oregano and parsley so I used some, I had left from another recipe ---these herbs are not necessary to the recipe but if you are growing them, add to the flavor.)

On a dinner plate or serving dish about that size, alternate tomato slices and cheese.
Combine the remaining ingredients and drizzle over the tomatoes and cheese.
Top with chopped herbs.

It took me a few minutes to do this.  The most time consuming (less than a minute) was slicing the cheese which was a little slippery.  It really went quickly and it was worth it.  It is a delicious fresh salad and it goes with almost anything.

recipe source here

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post