Custom Search

Sunday, July 24, 2016

National Parents Day



Mothers and fathers each have their own special days to be celebrated. In July it is a day to bring parents together and appreciate them all at the same time. If it were not for parents children would be lost in goals, behavior and so much more. Parents are a child's protector, teacher, provider and role model from birth. 

 To celebrate my own parents I have many memories of eating watermelon out on the hillside with my parents. When I had my own children my dad would bring watermelon up to them. To celebrate those memories and offer a bit of fun I want to share this fun idea I found here

frozen watermelon pops

makes about 20 pops, depending on the size of the watermelon, adapted from the hungry housewife
1 watermelon
crafts sticks or popsicle stucks
aluminum foil
baking sheet

cut the watermelon in half. reserve one side to serve as the holder for the frozen watermelon pops. cut the remaining watermelon into 1/2” thick ring slices. using your cookie cutter, cut out shapes from the slices (preferably, stars for the 4th of july). insert one craft/popsicle stick into each watermelon shape, taking care not to poke it through. place all watermelon pops on the baking sheet + freeze for 3-4 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post