Custom Search

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

German Apple Cake


my grandmothers family descendants were from Germany. She could cook and many of the recipes that she would prepare would be of the German source. This cake may have been one that she would have prepared it is not her recipe. 
German Apple Cake
Ingredients
2 cups flour
3 tablespoons butter
teaspoon salt
1 egg
2 level teaspoons Rumford Baking Powder
About 1 cup milk
 Apples
Sugar

Preparation
Sift together the flour salt and baking powder rub in the butter and mix to a light dough with the beaten egg and milk.
Roll out about half an inch thick and lay on a greased shallow baking pan.
Pare and core the apples cut into eighths lay the pieces on the dough and sprinkle with sugar to taste.
Bake about half an hour in a moderate oven and serve hot with whipped cream.

recipe source here

11 comments:

  1. I have never made german apple cake. But. I love it! Thanks for this today. Pinning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for visiting us and for pinning our tasty recipe hope you do try it

      Delete
  2. Yum! That looks delicious! Anything apple is popular at my house. I will definitely have to try this recipe soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we love fresh fruit as well with apple season being a favorite from apple chops to apple pie or cake we love apples as well

      Delete
  3. Yummm.. This recipe sounds delicious! I would love to try your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. please do and let me know how it turned out for you

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. it most definitely is, if you like apples and yummy desserts your should try it

      Delete
  5. That sounds delicious. My husband's family is German. Time to get in touch with our roots!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post