Custom Search

Saturday, July 30, 2016

Ice Box Cheesecake

Today July the 30th is National Cheesecake Day. In appreciation of such a yummy day take some time and enjoy a slice or piece of cheesecake. Try this easy to make recipe if you find time and save it back so you will be able to find it again. Believe me it is yummy

*Advance Preparation:  Place the can of evaporated milk in the refrigerator a few hours before making the cheesecake as it must be chilled in order to whip properly. 

The ingredients:


1 small pkg. (3-oz.) any flavor Jello (I used lemon)
1 cup boiling water
2 packets graham crackers  (about 16 whole graham crackers)
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 pkg. (8-ounces) cream cheese 
1 cup sugar
1 can (12-ounces) evaporated milk, CHILLED
2 Tbs. lemon juice
pie filling or thickened fruit as desired for topping

Directions:  Dissolve package of Jello with 1 cup boiling water and stir together until dissolved.  Set aside.  


Crush 2 packets graham crackers and blend in 1/2 cup butter (I crushed them in the blender).  Press cracker mixture into bottom of 9x13-inch baking dish. 

In a separate bowl, cream together cream cheese and sugar.  Set aside.  


In a large bowl, whip evaporated milk which has been thoroughly chilled.  Add lemon juice and whip until stiff.  

Add cooled Jello into cream cheese/sugar mixture.

Fold whipped evaporated milk into cream cheese/Jello mixture.  

Pour over crust.  

Chill several hours or overnight.  Serve plain or with slightly thickened fruit.  


Enjoy!  

11 comments:

  1. That looks delicious. I love cheesecake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do as well, yes it was delicious thanks for visiting if you love cheesecakes I have many other recipes here as well simply do a quick search

    ReplyDelete
  3. This cake looks delicious - and probably great for hot days like this :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. delicious any time but makes hot days even better

      Delete
  4. After seeing this post, I have a wicked craving for cheesecake. And, I'm kind of disappointed that I didn't celebrate National Cheesecake Day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hope you went on out and celebrated the day with a piece of cheesecake

      Delete
  5. I really appreciate no bake recipes because it's easier for me to make desserts! I had no idea it's National Cheesecake Day! One of the best desserts ever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks yummy and easy too, will try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you shared it! I'm planning to make a cheesecake like this, this coming weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do love me some cheesecake, always!! Hurrah for a cheesecake day!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post