Custom Search

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

2 Chicken Salad Recipes Perfect for Summer



2 cooked chicken breasts passed through a food processor
1/4 cup red onion, thinly chopped
1 celery stalk, thinly chopped
1 small carrot stick, grated
3 to 4 tablespoons of mayonnaise (you can use about 4 ounces of cream cheese and less mayonnaise if you prefer)
salt and pepper to taste

Mix all these ingredients together. That's it!






1/2 a roast chicken
3 medium red potatoes
1 apple
1 cup of sliced olives
3 heaping tablespoons of mayonnaise
salt and pepper to taste
pimentos and petits pois for garnish

So I had about 1/2 the roast chicken leftover from last night. I pulled the meat off the bones and cut it into small chunks.  I peeled the potatoes and cut them into large rounds and boiled them. (I didn't want to cut them into small cubes yet because I forget and walk away, and come back to find mush, so I cube them later.) While your potatoes are boiling, peel your apple (I used a green granny smith because I like the tartness of it, my grandmother would use the red delicious) and cut it into little chunks. Slice your olives. Drain and rinse your softened potatoes in cold water then cut them into cubes. Place all your ingredients in a bowl and mix in the mayonnaise. Garnish with pimentos and petits pois. (I tend to cut my "chunks" rather large because I have picky eaters who like to pick certain ingredients out of their food, you can cut your ingredients smaller and make the salad more pasty.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post