Custom Search

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Strawberry Freezer Jam


STRAWBERRY FREEZER JAM

2 c. mashed strawberries, about 1 qt.

4 c. sugar

1 box powdered fruit pectin

3/4 c. water



Stir strawberries and sugar together, mixing thoroughly. Measure sugar exactly and do not reduce amount or jam will not set properly. Set aside. Stir fruit pectin with water in saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil 1 minute. Stir mixture together until sugar is completely dissolved and no longer grainy. Pour into clean dry containers, filling to within 1/2 inch of top. Cover at once with tight lids. Let stand at room temperature overnight. Store in freezer until opened; then store in refrigerator. Make about 4 (8 fluid ounce) container.



NOTE: Potato masher works best for strawberries.








Strictly Homemade Tuesday     domestically speaking

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Yummm my hubby loves strawberry jam! I'll have to try this!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your sweet comments about my casserole! You should try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This brings me back to the days when my grandmother would make us jam!!! LOVE IT! http://homesandbabies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post