Custom Search

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Oh!!! Catfish Sandwich

I have loved catfish for as long as I can remember, well maybe even a bit longer. My mother tells me that at 5 years old I requested that we have catfish on my birthday. No I do not remember this but being that my uncles all loved to fish I can imagine it. Now that we live in southern Illinois where catfish is king there is always a hankering for a good catfish sandwich that we often get from a restraunt on the river. Due to the massive amounts of rain and flooding that we have been seeing I am not sure when the next time will be that we will be able to eat at the restraunt on the river. When I recived this recipe in an email from Rachael Ray there was nothing that I could do but share it with you all.



4 medium sweet potatoes (about 2 lbs.), each sliced lengthwise into 8 wedges


1/4 up EVOO

Salt and pepper

1/2 cup plain whole-milk yogurt

1 tbsp. cider vinegar, plus more for dipping

2 tbsp. plus 1 tsp. dijon mustard

1 bag (14 oz.) coleslaw mix

2 scallions, thinly sliced

2 catfish fillets (7 to 8 oz. each), halved lengthwise

1 sourdough baguette (1 lb.), halved lengthwise and quartered crosswise


Preheat the oven to 450°. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the sweet potato wedges with 2 tbsp. EVOO, 1 1/2 tsp.salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper. Arrange in a single layer and roast, turning once halfway through, until soft and lightly browned, about 20 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, stir together the yogurt, vinegar, 1 tbsp. EVOO, 1 tsp. mustard, 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper. Stir in the coleslaw mix and scallions. Let stand, stirring occasionally, until ready to serve. In a large nonstick skillet, heat the remaining 1 tbsp. EVOO over medium-high heat. Season the catfish with salt and pepper, add to the pan and cook, turning once, until golden, 6 to 8 minutes. Drain on paper towels. On a baking sheet, arrange the bread cut side down and toast in the oven for 2 to 3 minutes. Spread the remaining 2 tbsp. mustard on the cut sides of the bread. Assemble the sandwiches with the fish and coleslaw. Serve with the sweet potato wedges and some vinegar for dipping.


It's a Keeper

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post