Custom Search

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Allergy Season made easier with Achooz and Boogie Wipes

We live in beautiful southern Illinois and while the beauty is almost everywhere you look (or at least I think so) our children also suffer from seasonal allergies. There are many factors that allergies affect my children. From farming to coal mining to the beauty of the land pollen and spring blooming allergies can be overwhelming. Some things that seem to work are

Staying inside is one of the best ways to treat allergy symptoms because it helps to stay away from coming into contact with allergens in the first place. While not always fun when the pollen count soars keeping kids indoors as much as possible can help reduce the effect that allergies have on children and adults.

Seasonal allergies often arrive with nasal congestion and sneezing. One thing that you need to remember is to stay hydrated. Keeping a bottle of water within reach helps to encourage your child to drink as well as reminds yourself to stay hydrated.

Feel like taking a warm steamy shower? Well it may just make you feel less congested and a bit better. The reason is that the steam helps to open you up just a bit.

Allergies may leave your eyes a bit irritated as well. A cold compress can help with this symptom. Warm compresses may help to sooth sinus pressure and pain. So remember cold for itchy eyes and warm for relief of sinus pressure

Nasal congestion because of allergies is something that bothers children and adults alike. There are many products on the market that can help offer relief Saltwater or saline is one of the first things that is recommended Boogie Wipes for children and Achooz for adults are products that I have both tried and trust. My daughter loves the boogie wipes for my grandchildren nose and the Achooz offer relief for adults, something that I really need when suffering from allergies.



What is a boogie wipe?


"Boogie Wipes are made with saline to dissolve boogies (mucus) caused by the common cold, allergies or otherwise booger-filled kid moments. Extra soft, alcohol, phthalate and paraben free, Boogie Wipes are available in Great Grape, Fresh Scent, Magic Menthol and Simply Unscented. Recommended by pediatricians as a gentle, effective alternative to a dry tissue."


My daughter loves to use boogie wipes with her little ones. We all know how difficult it is to get a child to wipe their nose. After numerous times of wiping their little nose gets sore and their desire to wipe their nose is definitely not there. The boogie wipes are gentle enough to use and allows wiping that does not hurt. 
 
  A team of doctors and chemists created the unique non-medicated formula to break down mucus and soothe the nose while wiping. It includes the same gentle, patent-pending magic of saline, vitamin E and aloe as the Boogie Wipe products and is available in Fragrance Free for everyday use and Cool Menthol for extra stuffy noses.


Adults suffer from allergies as well. I am one of the many and was sent Achooz to review. I must say that you can surely tell a difference. The softness of the Achooz is awesome. We all know how after a few wipes on the tissue that we use our nose often ends up red and rough. Achooz was a great alternative just like boogie wipes which allowed the unpleasant time of allergy season to be a little easier.

we thank the moms of Boogie Wipes for sending us products to review. The thoughts and opinions shared in this post are those of mine alone



9 comments:

  1. Just following back from Real Life Deals
    Thanks for the visit! BTW - my kids think the boogie wipes are fun. They love the name lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great information!! I have a ton of nieces and nephews, and even a few greats who would love these!! I will pass the information along for sure. Thank you for stopping by my place, I am following back and look forward to more great product reviews. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been wanting to try these for awhile but never seem to pick them up when I am out

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had someone recommend these and I would love to try them with my daughter as well as the one on the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh! I have to have these because the name is a hoot! And thanks for all the great information! I hate when we have colds and our noses get all red and hurt from using scratchy tissues. We would love these!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So funny - I didn't think I'd ever need something so silly as this. UNTIL both of my kids got bad colds at the same time. Scrubbing dried boogers off of a squirmy 2 year old is not fun for me or him. And my oldest left me some interesting stains to get out of the sleeves and front of his shirts. I want some Boogie Wipes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My son just got over a cold and I wish I had known about these before. I was constantly wiping his nose.

    ReplyDelete
  8. boogie wipes are nice mverno@roadrunner.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. My daughter absolutely loves these! I haven't tried the achooz yet, but I hope to.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post