Custom Search

Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Wednesday HodgePodge



1. April is Lawn and Garden Month. On a scale of 1-10 what's the current state of your lawn and/or garden. (10=a showpiece, 1=send in the professionals). Tell us about any lawn or garden plans you have for this month.

I would say a 7. My husband has got the front looking good but because of rain the back does not look so great. We plan to do some landscaping as soon as the weather allows us to. I am so ready to get out there and get some done


2 "Many things grow in the garden that were never sown there."~Thomas Fuller  What does this quote mean to you?

This statement to me reminds me of my grand-mothers garden. There was so much pride that lived there as she worked in very often. My parents would grow love in their garden as they would work hard to raise crops for the family. Our family garden even helped raise the family as they learned to have responsibility and pride of what they did. 

3. What's the first thing that comes to mind when you think about God

The fact that without him in our daily life there would be no joy. Yes we have the family, friends, job and so much more but when we think about it what we need to have all of this and keep it all in order is our Lord Heavenly Father.

4. If we were chatting in person, how would I know if you were nervous?

I do not get nervous a lot but if I do then it is because I do not want you to know about something that I did. I often talk a bit louder when that occurs. 

Do you like the color yellow? Would I find any in your home or wardrobe? Daffodils, tulips, roses, sunflowers, day lily, black eyed susan...which yellow bloom on this list is your favorite?

I do like yellow but not my favorite color. You will find yellow through out my house in fact I live in a yellow house. Yellow is a beautiful spring color and I do like yellow gingham. I do not currently have daffodils as the tornado a few years ago blew those away. I look forward to having some next year as that is something we will be planting. My husbands grandmother loved yellow roses. 

Flip flops or bare feet?

Years ago you would never find shoes on my feet in the spring, summer or early fall but now due to neuropathy my feet can not stand so much agitation and I wear flip flops or slip ons a lot.

7 Just thought I would love to invite you all over to visit my blog. If you do come please let me know where you are located so I can repay the visit

6 comments:

  1. Hi Angie! Thanks for stopping by my blog at PS Annie! I appreciate the comments very much.

    Your answer to #2 is a great one. What wonderful gardens they must have had. :)

    I think that yellow is a great color for a house. David's parents' house, McClendon Manor, was a shade of yellow. It was a great old house.

    Have a blessed week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, suffer from neuropathy. I freaked my doctor out when I told him he could skip the anesthesia when removing an ingrown toenail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, your feet must be numb all the time. I am not sure that I would have been so proud. Thanks so much for stopping by today

      Delete
  3. I really enjoy looking over your recipes every day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Honestly, how could we live in this world with HIM, it isn't possible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rats about your daffodils being blown away in a tornado -- maybe someone else is enjoying them now :)

    Enjoyed catching a glimpse of your thoughts and life through your answers to Joyce's Hodgepodge prompts.

    Wishing you glimpses of heaven in unexpected places...
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post