Custom Search

Saturday, May 28, 2016

PReeclampsia

Finding out I was pregnant was always a time to celebrate. I did worry quite a bit as both my husbands mother and my own had lost their own babies. During my first pregnancy I did find myself with really high blood pressure and toxemia. Preeclampsia was very possible and worried me quite a bit. Our baby was born and is now 28 years old. Education is what helped the most knowing what the danger was and what to do. It is my hopes that if you are reading this that you will retain the knowledge I share if you shall ever need it. 

Preeclampsia is a disorder that occurs only during pregnancy. It occurs during the postpartum period and affects both mother and unborn child. An average of 5 to 8 percent of all pregnancies will be affected. Preeclampsia progresses rapidly. A high blood pressure and presence of protein in urine are both signs of trouble. Swelling, sudden weight gain, headaches, changes in vision are all symptoms as well. There are women who suffer preeclampsia but have few symptoms. 

Preeclampsia normally occurs in the 2nd to 3rd trimester. Prenatal care is very important to help diagnose and manage symptoms of preeclampsia Terms of the past no longer used were PIH and toxemia. Preeclampsia disorder of pregnancy is a leading cause of maternal and infant illness and death. The disorder is responsible for 76,000 maternal and 500,000 infant deaths each year.



1 comment:

  1. Love your informative post! Wishing you a beautiful weekend Angie..

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post