Custom Search

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Pulled Pork recipe from Betty Crocker

1 boneless pork shoulder (2 1/2 lb)


1 tablespoon Jamaican jerk seasoning (dry)

1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves

1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)

1 cup cola

2 cups barbecue sauce

8 sandwich buns or flour tortillas (8 to 10 inch)

Save $$$ on your favorite brands 1 Spray 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Remove fat from pork. Rub jerk seasoning over pork; sprinkle with thyme. Place pork in slow cooker. Sprinkle with onion. Pour cola over pork.

2 Cover; cook on Low heat setting 8 to 10 hours.

3 Remove pork from slow cooker; reserve 1/2 cup juices. Use 2 forks to pull pork into shreds. Place pork in slow cooker. Stir in barbecue sauce and reserved juices. Increase heat setting to High. Cover; cook 30 to 45 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Spoon filling onto buns.

shared on untitled here

1 comment:

  1. Good Morning Sweet Friend...
    Oh my goodness gracious does this ever sound wonderful. I can't wait to give it a try. I actually have a pork butt roast in my freezer. I can't wait to see what this recipe comes out like. I will have to substitute the cola for a diet cola (being a diabetic) but I bet it will be just as tasty. I'll let you know my findings.

    Have a glorious Monday sweet friend. Many hugs and much love, Sherry

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post