Custom Search

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

December 1: First day of Christmas

The first day of December a challenge I have found to find out what Christmas means to me. What does Christmas mean I know and shared with a young man just tonight that Christmas to me is the story of a baby born many years ago in a tiny manger within a stable. My grandparents and parents shared this story with me and I shared this story with my children and the children that I have the opportunity to teach.

Christmas means family coming together to decorate the Christmas tree and chattering about past Christmas in the old days. Oh my I have seen some wonderful times with food all around to eat, smiling faces, and the warmth inside that you know all is o.k.

Christmas is also about remembering all those that have went home to heaven to spend time with our Lord at Christmas time. Memories of my father and grandparents and so many and what life was like when they were here and the Christmas celebrations we shared. The memories are both sad and happy because while we miss them we remember what a wonderful time we had together.

so what does Christmas mean to you? I would love to hear from you in a comment or two

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post