Custom Search

Sunday, December 13, 2009

New Meme for me

Free association is described as a "psychonanalytic procedure in which a person is encouraged to give free rein to his or her thoughts and feelings, verbalizing whatever comes into the mind without monitoring its content." Over time, this technique is supposed to help bring forth repressed thoughts and feelings that the person can then work through to gain a better sense of self.
That's an admirable goal, but for the purposes of this excercise, we're just hoping to have a little fun with the technique. Each week I'll post ten words to which you can respond to with the first thing that comes to mind.
"Rules are, there are no rules." There are no right or wrong answers. Don't limit yourself to one word responses; just say everything that pops into your head. AND you don't have to have your words up on Sunday. Take all week if you want! Read the FAQ for more information.


This meme can be found at LunaNina



1.Up :: the movie that recently came out
2.Scram! :: run away: what grandma used to say to the cats
3.Smell :: what my nose can do when I can breathe
4.Belong :: what I think everyone does somewhere and if not you are welcome here
5.Doug :: the cartoon my kids used to watch
6.Collar :: ring around all those old Whisk commercials as well as the game my daughter hates
7.Squirrel :: my mother who watches them out the window and feeds them so they stay
8.Chinese :: checkers a game we used to play all the time as a kid
9.Tracker :: the santa tracker that my kids watched when they were younger
10.Apartment :: where I first lived after moving out of my parents house

1 comment:

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post