Custom Search

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Core Blood Banking

When my children were born there was not an option of Core Blood Banking. My daughter and sister in law was both given the opportunity of keeping their new born core blood banking and they took advantage of this opportunity. Perhaps you were like me and was wondering exactly what Core Blood Baking was.

Core blood is the blood found in the umbilical cord and placenta. The blood is very valuable because it is rich in stem cells. The stem cells are responsible for producing all blood cells which means that these blood cells are perfect for treating diseases that harm the blood and immund system such as leukemia, some cancers, sickle cell anemia and metabolic disorders. For all benifits of core blood go to http://www.marrow.org

Keep in mind that cord blood stem cells are not the same as the controversy embryonic stem cells because the cord blood cells belong to the child and mother and to gain embryonic stem cells the embryo must be destroyed. Cord blood may be used for a family memeber who has a disease that requires bone marrow transplant as well.

1 comment:

  1. I have heard of this and really wanted to do it, however when I had my girls they said it was really expensive and I was not able to pay for it, but I am all for it I think its a wonderful idea to try to save a life, or your own childs life.


    »-(¯`v´¯)-»Blessings»-(¯`v´¯)-»Heidi»-(¯`v´¯)-»

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post