Custom Search

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Note book Expirement



This week the Notebook Experiment strikes me a little funny. I wish I had the little books that my girls created so I could share the pictures with you. My girls however have these in their possesions and one of them took it when they moved out This week I am going to share with you about a great exercise for math, home economics, as well as a great rainy day activity.


You can find the original article on the Money Saving Mom article titled Frugal Fun: Grocery Ad Playtime Menu (Guest Post) and can be found on the Mom Advice Notebook Experiment on August 5, 2009.


The article shows a great way to have children shop through the weekly ads to create a menu. You can use this to teach the children budgeting skills, meal prep ideas, or other living skills. You can take this a bit further by using old magazines such as family circle and woman days to cut out recipes and pictures of the food that they would love to make. Paste these pictures and recipes on construction paper punch holes in the construction paper and string together with ribbon or mail. This is great and my girls still use them when cooking and one of them moved out and took the recipe construction with them.


For more great notebook expirments visit the blog The Mother Load: Mom Advice
This is also a great and economical way to create your childs first cook book
for more frugal ideas visit the blog Life As Mom

1 comment:

  1. Hhmmm... that does sound like a great idea. It's nice to teach kids how to do math, and even learn how to cook, at a young age. That way, they won't have some acute fear of numbers once they start having math as a subject in school. Just like what I have. :D
    Thanks for sharing these tips!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post