Custom Search

Monday, July 9, 2018

Baking Day---- Gluten free vegan Sugar Cookies

I can recall the first batch of sugar c oookies I made for my family just like it was yesterday. It was summer time, time for the county fair. I was in 4H and one of the categories I was in was food for fun. I was to make up a batch of sugar cookies and share with someone. So my family would be the lucky ones to try the cookies first. They loved them and so did the judges the next day offering me a blue ribbon for my  work. YEAH!!!!

This recipe I share today is not the same as I used then, this recipe is cleaned up a bit so that it fits nicer into diets of today. I hope you enjoy



2 1/3 cups Sarah's gluten free flour blend*
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups organic powdered sugar
1/3 cup coconut oil, soft**
1/3 cup So Delicious unsweetened coconut milk, room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
In medium bowl, sift together flour blend, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
In bowl of stand mixer, beat together powdered sugar, coconut oil, coconut milk and vanilla until creamy. Add flour mixture and continue to mix until combined, 1-2 minutes (add an additional tablespoon of coconut milk if needed).
Form into patty and wrap in plastic wrap. Let dough rest in refridgerator for 10-15 minutes. If you would like to make this dough in advance, store wrapped in refrigerator. Let rest on counter for 1-2 hours before ready to use.
On counter, lay out large piece of plastic wrap. Place cookie dough in the center and top with another piece of plastic wrap. Roll with rolling pin until dough is about 1/4" thick.
Cut dough into circles or desired shapes. Place cookies on prepared baking sheets.
Bake cookies for 7-8 minutes. Do NOT over bake, as they won't turn much of a golden brown.
Remove cookies from oven and place on cooling rack to cool completely. Store in air-tight container.

shared at
thursday favorite things 


retweet this post here


shared on facebook group
retweet the words 7/28

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post